Find out about the latest activity, moves and news within the fundraising sector.
The keys to an effective partnership
Earlier this year the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) and Philanthropy Australia released the Leading Practice in Community and Philanthropy Partnerships report. The report documents lessons and insights from grant recipients and their partners about effective partnerships. They include:
- Trust and mutual respect are critical to success and a common vision is
the start and end-point.
- Aspirations need to be shared and partners need to be in it for the right
- Partners need to be open to providing support for whatever the
community groups need.
- Be open with your definition of partnership – big, small, cash, in-kind,
time and connections are all valuable contributions.
- Making a two to three-year plan, considering how different partners
could be involved at different points in the project life-cycle or
- Providing support over the longer term removes pressure and enables
groups to plan with certainty – working with communities takes time
and often evolves.
- While not all partnerships are equal, all partners are important.