Applications are now open for the St. George Foundation’s next round of grants. The foundation is offering grants valued up to $50,000 for any charity that is helping to make a better future for children in Australia.
In NSW alone, last year the foundation awarded $1.3 million to organisations that helped children who are physically, socially or economically disadvantaged. It has now opened up another funding round for local charities.
Vanessa Barry, Head of St. George Foundation said, “St. George Foundation has a long history of supporting kids in Australia, having partnered with more than 800 organisations and investing more than $28 million in Australian communities since the Foundation began in 1990.
"Improving the lives of children is at the heart of everything we do at St. George Foundation. I encourage community organisations that focus on creating brighter futures for disadvantaged children to visit our website and consider applying for funding."
To be eligible for funding an organisation must:
- Focus its efforts on Australian children under the age of 18 years.
- Be located in NSW, ACT, QLD or WA.
- Have a gross annual revenue of less than $3,000,000.
- Receive less than 40% of its income from recurrent state, federal or local government funding (unless it receives an income less than $1 million per annum, in which case government funding can exceed 40%).
- Be endorsed as a deductible gift recipient (but not another ancillary fund). Deductible Gift Recipients must be listed with the Australian Taxation Office under Item 1 of the Table in Section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act, 1936.
Further eligibility and assessment criteria is available on the website.
Applications close on Friday 29 September.
To find out more about the process and to apply, visit stgeorgefoundation.com.au.